Congratulations on your new puppy!
We are excited to partner with you to help give your puppy a wonderful and healthy start in life. For your convenience, we have combined these important services into a package that will assure their needs are met with a substantial savings.
Included in the Puppy Health Package:
- Physical Examination: A comprehensive physical examination to assess health and wellness.
- Vaccinations: They are critical to protect your puppy against these life-threatening diseases:
- A series of 3 Distemper Combo vaccinations
Distemper– a deadly viral infection of the intestinal, respiratory and nervous systems.
Hepatitis-a viral liver infection
Parainfluenza– a viral cause of kennel cough complex.
Parvo Virus– a serious (often deadly) intestinal virus.
- A series of 2 Leptospirosis vaccinations
Lepto– a disease in both pets and humans, leptospirosis can lead to kidney damage, meningitis, liver failure, respiratory distress, and even death.
- A series of 2 Bordetella vaccinations to protect your dog against this airborne disease.
This vaccine is given every 6 months for dogs that go to the dog park, grooming, and boarding.
- A series of 2 Canine Influenza vaccinations: to protect against both strains of this infectious respiratory disease.
- Rabies Vaccination
- Intestinal Parasites: (roundworms, hookworms, tapeworms, and whipworms) are frequent and serious problems in puppies. To check for parasites, a stool specimen will be examined under the microscope for possible parasite eggs. De-worming medication will be administered or dispensed as required based on type of parasite infection. Testing and medication will be repeated as needed at no further charge until your puppy is one year old to make sure your pet is free of intestinal parasites. For best results, please monitor when your puppy goes to the bathroom. Retrieve the sample in a sealable baggie and bring to the office as soon as possible. If waiting longer than an hour, the sample should be refrigerated. Sample will not be able to be tested if it has hardened.
- Free first dose of Heartworm Prevention- Heartworm disease is a serious and potentially deadly disease. Heartworms are contracted from infected mosquitoes, and unfortunately heartworm disease is very prevalent in our area. The good news is that you can prevent this disease by giving heartworm prevention, as directed and on time. You will receive a 10% discount on heartworm prevention purchases for the duration of the puppy health package.
- Free first application of Flea Prevention– a topical or oral medication used to prevent fleas and ticks.
- Free 30 days of pet insurance- when you activate online within 24 hours of the first exam.
- Free first bag of iVet Premium Puppy food
- As a bonus, your pet will receive a $20 discount on a spay or neuter.
To qualify, your puppy must be no more than twelve months old. It is imperative that vaccines are given within the designated time frame. If a vaccine is not administered in a timely manner the vaccine series will have to be restarted. These additional vaccines are not covered in the puppy plan and will be at an additional cost. It is very important to keep the vaccine appointments as scheduled. Please feel free to discuss any questions or concerns with us during your visits or call us at (913) 829-7387(PETS). Thank you choosing us for your pet’s medical needs.
Fee is due at the time of the first visit and is non-refundable and non-transferable
Please call (913) 829-7387 for pricing, questions, and scheduling. We are excited to meet your puppy!